My Social Issue is about a couple things. The first thing is about self-image, how people are judged by the way they look and not by the type of person they are. Also how others are always trying to change who someone is or what they look like. It affects me in family trying to change my appearance or doing something that they think will better me to their liking. The second issue that my picture represents is my lifestyle and the way I chose to live my life. There are certain choices I have made in life that are not wrong but my family does not think are right.In this photo the two objects I have clenched in my hands are a curling iron and a hammer. I chose to use a curling iron to represent how people would like to “fix” me as well as my appearance. The hammer represents how they want to “fix” me and my lifestyle, but there is nothing wrong with my life or the way or choose to live it. Seeing as how with both issues something needs to be “fixed” and there is nothing to be “fixed”, I came up with the statement, “Time to fix what’s NOT BROKEN”.
No comments:
Post a Comment